Friday, January 3, 2014

Creating Your New Story

As one year ends, another begins. In reflecting on this past year, what do you discover? What intentions did you set at the beginning of 2013? What expansion have you seen and what new intentions do you want to set for 2014?

Intentions come from the heart and soul - they are rooted in the values that are most important to you. An intention is connected to your life's purpose, and is a specific way of expressing it at a given time in your life. 

We create our realities by the stories we tell. We can tell stories about the past and we can design stories to move into. A turning point in my life was when I began to consciously work on transforming my own stories which weren't serving me. Changing my story took time and practice. And it changed my reality.

In the Dagara tradition of Burkino Faso, 2014 is a Mineral year. Mineral is associated with stories and memory. Minerals, rocks and crystals carry the story of place and of the earth. Our bones carry and remember our personal stories and those of our lineage. 

What are the stories you tell about yourself and your family? What kind of life do you want to manifest? What new stories to you want to create? 

Here are a few questions to reflect on as you consider what your next "chapter" is going to be:
  • What am I celebrating? What am I grateful for? What has been wonderful and magical about this past year?
  • What is one aspect about myself that I have especially loved this year? What am I proud of?
  • What would I have done differently this year?
  • What do I want to let go of?
  • What do I want to call in for the new year?
As you begin the new year, I encourage you to reflect on who you are becoming. As old issues, patterns, and limiting beliefs are revealed, consider releasing them through a simple ritual in nature and then allow nature to transform the old into something fresh and new. Write down what you want to release, burn the paper, and bury the ashes in the earth. Or blow the issues you want to transform into stones or shells and throw them into the ocean, a lake, or a river. Remember that intention is everything! 

May all your dreams manifest this year. I wish you a joyous 2014!

Blessings ~ Gretchen 


No comments:

Post a Comment